IAX Industry and Academia Exchange
The University of Leicester has secured funding from the Medical Research Council (MRC) Proximity to Discovery scheme to support engagement between academic scientists and industry partners.
The scheme utilises creative approaches to reduce barriers between academia and industry engagement for all levels of University staff from postgraduate students, early career researchers, technical and academic staff to members of the research and enterprise division.
The overall IAX programme will fund a variety of activities including a showcase partnering event, people exchanges, sand pit meetings, and industry training courses for academics.
The people exchanges (or secondments) enable academics to experience work within an industry setting and conversely, industry members to spend time at the University to understand the research and development opportunities within an academic environment.
Other IAX Funding Opportunities
Funding is available for up to £1,000 per project at any time (no closing dates). Please contact the IAX team to discuss your ideas.
IAX funding can be used to develop research relationships with industrial partners:
- Organise workshops and meetings which enable University colleagues to meet with industry partners.
- Enable University colleagues to attend industry partnering meetings.
- Support research grant development meetings with industry partners to develop shared work plans.
- IAX Funding Meetings take place on the second Friday of the month
- IAX Meeting/Event activities must take place before the end of September 2019.
- Download the Events and Meetings Application Form 2018-19 (Word, 191kb)
- Ruth Barber
+44 (0)116 223 1594