Italian Upper-intermediate (Level 4)
- Session information: October 2020
- Timeline: Term 1: 10 weeks (30 learning hours), starting October 2020; Term 2: 10 weeks (30 learning hours), resuming January 2021
- Fees: Full course 20 weeks - £260* (60 learning hours), October 2020 to March 2021; 1 term 10 weeks - £135* (30 learning hours), October to December 2020
Each full course comprises 60 learning hours over two terms. Lessons are two hours long and take place once a week. The first ten lessons will run from October to December 2020. The consequent ten lessons will run from January to March 2021, when the course will be completed. You can enrol for the complete course - 20 weeks - or just one term - 10 weeks.
This course will be taught in a group of minimum 6 and maximum 12 students.
*Includes all tuition, access to VLE (virtual learning environment), handouts and any tests/exams, but not a textbook.Enrol now
You have reached the first half of the level B1 or completed the Intermediate (level 3) or you have enough knowledge to be on track with the group. You can use the ELP self-assessment grid to judge how competent you are in the language. Alternatively, if you require help to assess your level please contact us or come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
- More complex past structures: understanding and responding to a news report or a short written text in the past
- Talking about the future
- Expressing and understanding simple opinions on a variety of contemporary topics
Any textbook required will be discussed by the tutor at the start of the course.
This course is taught in Italian; English is used when necessary or requested by students in particular situations or grammar explanations. Our programme aims to develop the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as cultural awareness. It provides a structures of the Italian language and enhancing communication and interaction. It supports comprehensive and productive skills in speech and writing through authentic based activities and guided practice in the use of Italian language. Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to learn and practise the four skills outside the classroom taking advantage of learning resources provided by tutors and the programme. The group size is limited to 12 students and planned to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.
Upon completing the Upper-intermediate level (4), you can progress onto the Advanced level (5).