Drop In Sessions/Online Q&A and placement sessions
Before the start of each term Languages at Leicester run a series of on-campus (face-to-face) drop-in sessions and online Q&A and placement sessions. Join us for an informal chat about the language(s) you're interested in, find out which level is best for you and ask any questions you may have about our courses. Open to everyone, not just students and staff.
These free 30-minute sessions take place on our Central Campus, on University Road. The rooms ATT 001 and ATT 211, are located on the ground and second floors of the Attenborough Seminar Block. You are welcome to attend any of these sessions and drop-in at any point within the 30-minute length. If you are not able to make one of these sessions or if you would like to speak to someone online please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or request an Online Q&A and placement session (see below).
- Thursday 21 September at 6.00pm, room ATT 001
- Monday 25 September at 6.00pm, room ATT 211
- Tuesday 26 September at 1.00pm, room ATT 211
- Wednesday 27 September at 6.00pm, room ATT 211
- Tuesday 3 October at 5.00pm, room ATT 211
- Wednesday 4 October at 1.00pm, room ATT 211
- Thursday 5 October at 5.00pm, room ATT 211
Online Q&A and placement session
Before booking a session, please check our ELP self-assessment grid. If you are still unsure about which course to choose please request a 10-minute online Q&A and placement session via email to email@example.com to assess your language level. When emailing us include the following information. A member of our team will arrange an online session via Zoom with one of our language leaders.
- Subject: Please include the following subject "Online Q&A and Placement Session - [language]" including the language(s) you are interested in. One of our Language Leaders will help you to choose the best level for you.
- Reasons for your request: Tell us about your language knowledge and skills, your experience so far and what level(s) you are looking to join. This information will help us to better assess your proficiency level.
- Your availability: Please let us know when would you be available to arrange your session (e.g.: weekdays from 5 pm onwards or Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in the morning).