Italian Post-beginners (Level 2)
Course started in October 2023
- Course: Wednesday 6.00pm - 8.00pm
Delivery: On-campus (face-to-face)
Timeline: Resumes 20 December - Ends 27 March 2024 (see timetable below)*
Lengths: 10 weeks (30 learning hours)
This course requires a minimum of 8 and it can have up to a maximum of 20 students. The course fee includes all tuition, access to Blackboard, handouts and any tests/exams, but not a textbook.
The first term runs from October to December and the second from December to March. The full course comprises 60 learning hours. Lessons are two hours long and take place once a week. When enrolling you are committing to the remaining 10 weeks. You are welcome to join in the second term of a course if you have previous knowledge and experience of the language.Enrol now
You have reached level A1 or completed the Beginners (level 1) or you have enough knowledge to be on track with the group. You can use the ELP self-assessment grid to judge how competent you are in the language. Alternatively, if you require help to assess your level please contact us or come along to one of our drop-in sessions.
- Likes and dislikes: what you do in your free time, what leisure activities people prefer in Italy and in other countries
- Giving suggestions and advice: cooking instructions, other forms of guidelines
- More complex shopping transactions: the comparison of different products and prices
- Talking about the past: understanding, and responding to, a past narrative in a variety of informal contexts
There isn’t a University bookshop however The European Bookshop website holds our book list and offers a 10% discount to all our students. Languages at Leicester Reading List.
It is not essential to bring a course book to the first class. The tutor will discuss book requirements in class and advise you of the best places to obtain the book if required.
This course is taught in Italian and English. Our programme aims to develop the four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing as well as cultural awareness. It provides a good balance between understanding the culture, vocabulary and grammar structures of the Italian language and enhancing communication and interaction. It supports comprehensive and productive skills in speech and writing through authentic based activities and guided practice in the use of Italian language. Students will be encouraged to seek opportunities to learn and practise the four skills outside the classroom taking advantage of learning resources provided by tutors and the programme. Lessons are planned to allow intensive interactive practice with individual feedback and advice on progress.
Upon completing the Post-Beginners level (2), you can progress onto the Intermediate level (3).
*Term 2 timetable
All 10 lessons will take place on-campus on the dates indicated below, except for the 13th lesson on Wednesday 10 January 2024 that will take place online.
- 11th lessons: Wednesday 20 December 2023
- 12th lessons: Wednesday 3 January 2024
- 13th lessons: Wednesday 10 January 2024 (online)
- 14th lessons: Wednesday 14 February 2024
- 15th lessons: Wednesday 21 February 2024
- 16th lessons: Wednesday 28 February 2024
- 17th lessons: Wednesday 6 March 2024
- 18th lessons: Wednesday 13 March 2024
- 19th lessons: Wednesday 20 March 2024
- 20th lessons: Wednesday 27 March 2024