In vivo services
Our service supports the smooth running of all studies involving surgical procedures and training required as part of a Home Office project licence.
We have excellent surgical facilities that include the following equipment:
- Operating microscopes including a double headed microscope for training
- X10 magnification camera high resolution digital impact linked to external video displays
- Class 2 bio containment hoods fitted with stereo microscopes. A transfer port connects the hoods to the transgenic procedures lab allowing for manipulated embryos to be passed in to the main unit.
- Small animal ventilators appropriate for mice, rats and rabbits
- Heated operating table
- Anaesthetic monitoring equipment including pulse oximetry and capnography
- Stand alone pre-operative and post-operative rooms
The team can provide the following surgical support:
- Preparation for surgery including anaesthesia
- Post-operative care
- Performing surgical procedures on behalf of a project licence holder
Surgical models offered include:
- Transgenic models that includes embryo transfer and vasectomy
- Placement of osmotic mini pumps
- Renal models including 5/6 nephrectomy, ischaemia and reperfusion
- Cardiovascular model including myocardial infarction
- Xenografts models including renal, prostate, mammary and intrasplenic
We take pride in our support of studies in the facility and can provide bespoke training plans for research and experimental procedures. Over many years we have developed a Competency Assessment Framework.
Our dedicated team are able to provide support in gaining confidence and competence in animal handling as well as an array experimental procedures.
All enquiries should directed to firstname.lastname@example.org