Registrar and Secretary’s Office
The Registrar and Secretary’s Office is home to the University’s academic-related professional services functions and the University’s governance function.
We enable the academic mission of the University by directly supporting researchers, educators and students. We shape strategy and policy and we ensure the good governance of the University. This area includes our Student and Academic Services, Library and Learning Services, and Planning, Legal and Governance Services.
The Division is led by Registrar and Secretary, Geoff Green.
Student and Academic Services
Our Student and Academic Services aim to provide an outstanding experience for our students, enabling them to discover, transition, progress and succeed in their studies.
The Division comprises Careers and Employability Services, Academic Partnerships, Student Conduct and Complaints, Education Services, Sports and Active Life, and Student Support Services.
- Nuala Devlin, Academic Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Services: email@example.com
- Sport and Active Life: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Student Conduct and Complains Team: email@example.com
Planning, Legal and Governance Services
Teams in our Planning, Legal and Governance Services provide support to ensure the effective delivery of key management and governance processes for the University.
They develop and support effective strategic and operational planning, provide data and insight, improve business process and manage strategic projects.
They are also responsible for delivery of effective governance mechanisms, including the University Council, and for ensuring statutory compliance across a number of areas, including information governance.
The Division comprises Governance Services, Information Assurance Services, Legal Services, Planning, Business Continuity and Risk Services, and Data and Reporting Services.
- Aash Khadia, Director of Planning, Legal and Governance Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Governance Office: email@example.com
- Information Assurance Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal Services: email@example.com
- Planning Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reporting: email@example.com
Library and Learning Services
Our Library and Learning Services support the research, teaching and learning activities of our students and staff.
The Division comprises Research Support, Academic Support, Centre for Academic Achievement, Information Hub (Library and Student Enquiries), Collections and Content Management, Archives and Special Collections, and Records Management.
- Steve Williams, University Librarian and Director of Library Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Library: email@example.com
- Research Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Support: email@example.com
- Centre for Academic Achievement: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information Hub (Library and Student Enquiries): email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collections and Content Management: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archives and Special Collections: email@example.com
Research and Enterprise
Our Research and Enterprise Services work in partnership with colleagues in both the academic and professional services fields to provide comprehensive support for research, enterprise, impact and knowledge exchange activity.
The Division comprises the Research Finance Team, Research Strategy and Policy Team, Pre-Award and Contracts Team, Research and Partnership Development, Leicester Innovation Hub, Commercialisation Team, Research Ethics, Governance and Integrity Team, The Doctoral College Team, and Operations Team.
- Dr Ian Forristal, Director of Research and Enterprise: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research support and enterprise enquiries: email@example.com
College Professional Services
Professional services staff work across the academic colleges in our schools and departments, directly supporting research and teaching staff as well as students. Including both administrative and technical staff, these teams also work in close partnership with other divisions in Academic Services.
- Ruth Daly, Director of Operations for the College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chetna Patel-Liburd, Director of Operations for the College of Science and Engineering: email@example.com
- Ruth Barber, Director of Operations for the College of Life Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org