What is distance learning?
Our distance learning programmes offer a flexible way to study for a research degree - allowing you to gain a University of Leicester research degree wherever you are in the world.
We offer distance learning research degrees in the following subjects:
Benefits of distance learning
Distance learning research degrees allow you to:
- Develop your career without having to leave employment
- Continue earning as you study and spread the costs of your course
- Apply new knowledge and insights to your working life while you are still studying
- Tackle a professional or work-related topic of interest to you in your doctoral thesis
Support and training
On a distance learning programme, you are just as much a part of our research community as your campus-based colleagues:
- Many schools and departments now use email groups and other online forums to involve those on distance learning programmes in the day-to-day lives of their postgraduate communities and you will be encouraged to participate in campus-based research events as far as possible.
- You'll have a personal supervisor who will help you plan and manage your research and develop your understanding of relevant research methodology.
- You can keep in touch with your supervisor and other researchers in your school or department through Blackboard, our Virtual Learning Environment.
- You can access online training materials, study guides, and multimedia resources to help you develop your effectiveness as a researcher
- We have extensive e-library resources including remote access to some 65,000 electronic journals and 800,000 e-books.