The PARCA-R questionnaire was originally developed and validated in English and is available to download below.
In addition to the English version, the questionnaire has been translated into other languages.
An online version of the PARCA-R questionnaire is also available. Using the online questionnaire, PARCA-R raw scores will be automatically calculated for you. These can then be transferred directly into the online PARCA-R score calculator to obtain the corresponding standard scores and percentile ranks. You will need to know the child's sex, date of birth and date of assessment to obtain the standard scores.
Online PARCA-R score calculator
A score calculator is also available online. This can be used to obtain PARCA-R standard scores and percentile ranks for a single child. To use this, you will need to know the child’s sex, date of birth, date of assessment and their raw PARCA-R scores. For calculating scores for corrected age, for children born preterm, you will also need to know the child’s expected date of delivery.
Obtaining PARCA-R scores for large data sets
Resources are also available for obtaining PARCA-R standard scores for large data sets, for example for clinical use or for observational studies and clinical trials with large sample sizes. These will automatically calculate the PARCA-R standard scores for large groups of children.
This can be done in two ways:
- Using conversion tables provided in excel. To use these resources, please download the conversion tables and the user guide. When using the excel files you will need to merge the derived standard scores with your data file.
- Using parameters of the reference equations in R. To use these resources, please download the relevant user guide.
PARCA-R raw scores can be calculated in two ways:
- by hand, using the instructions as described in the manual (PDF, 375KB), or
- automatically, using the online questionnaire.
PARCA-R standard scores can be calculated in three ways:
- by hand, using the norms tables provided in the manual (PDF, 375KB), or
- automatically, using the score calculator, or
- automatically for large datasets, using the conversion tables and user guide provided, or
- automatically for large datasets, using the parameters derived from the reference equations and user guide.