Winners of student life photo competition announced
The winners of a student life photography competition designed to provide an insightful overview of student life in 2016/17 to add to our University's Archives have been announced.
Students were invited to submit photographs that portray a modern-day perspective and celebrate what studying at our University means to them – showcasing both the academic and social side of university life today.
Categories included student accommodation, social activities in halls of residence, how and where a student studies, recreational activities, what makes Leicester special, the University community and campus shots.
The winners were:
- What student accommodation looks like in 2016/17 and overall winner - Rachel Chapman
- The social activities that take place in Halls of Residence - Diana Furlan
- How and where a student studies in 2016/17 - Jamie Hodgson
- Sporting/recreational/leisure activities at the University - Yanan Dong
- Campus Photos - Rosalinde Nicholls
- What makes the University of Leicester special to you? - Anna-Sophie Bulder
- The University of Leicester Community - Ata Mohammad Adnan
Along with the majority of photographs submitted to the competition, the seven winning photographs will be added to the University archives, becoming part of the University’s history. They will also go on display in the Student Reading Room, near the entrance to the David Wilson Library, after the Easter break.