Expert opinions cover Claudio Ranieri Michael Gove teaching in the 21st century and much more
John Williams, Senior Lectuer in Sociology, discussed the controversial sacking of Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri in an article for The Conversation.
- Read more about the article 'Claudio Ranieri: sacking Leicester City's manager was unceremonious, ruthless and risky' on Think: Leicester here
Professor Stephen Wood, Professor of Management in the University’s School of Business, discussed the controversial sacking of Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri in an interview with Ben Jackson on BBC Radio Leicester.
- Read more about the interview in the article 'Leicester City’s decision to sack Claudio Ranieri symbolic of ‘obsession with change’' here
Dr Prashant Kidambi, from the School of History, Politics and International Relations, discusses the first Indian cricket team to tour England and how the sport became a revolutionary power in South Asia in an interview with The London School of Economics and Political Science's South Asia Centre.
- Read more about the interview in an article ''The theoretical possibility of equality on the cricket field was a radical idea in a colonised, hierarchical and deeply divided society' on Think: Leicester here
Professor Eyal Winter, from the School of Business, discusses the contribution of the late Kenneth Arrow to modern economic theory in an article for Forbes.
- Read more about the article 'How Kenneth Arrow Revolutionized Our Understanding Of Elections And Other Big Decisions We Make' on Think: Leicester here
Terese Bird, educational designer at Leicester Medical School, discusses the future of higher education, virtual reality (VR) and education apps in an article for Public Sector Executive.
- Read more about the article 'Teaching in the 21st century: what comes next?' on Think: Leicester here
Professor Martin Barstow, Professor of Astrophysics and Space Science at the University of Leicester, and Professor Chris Wilkins, the University’s Director of Teacher Education, comment on the House of Commons Education Committee report.
- Read more about the article 'Changes and cuts under Gove have brought about STEM teacher shortage' on Think: Leicester here
Are you a doctoral student/academic at the University of Leicester? Would you like to contribute an opinion piece about your research or topical news to Think: Leicester? Contact the News Centre to pitch your idea or read our submission guidelines.