Universitys Wellbeing Week activities encourage healthy living
A number of exciting events to promote good health and wellbeing will be hosted by the University as part of Wellbeing Week 2017, between 27 February and 3 March.
As part of Wellbeing Week a number of events will be organised by the Students’ Union, including a mental health workshop, a Fancy Dress Fun Run through Victoria Park, and a Performance Showcase at The Exchange.
The events will be hosted by a number of University societies, including the Mental Health Awareness and Support (MHAS) Society, the Islamic Society and the University of Leicester Running and Athletics Club.
Harriet Smailes, Wellbeing Officer in the University’s Students’ Union and an organiser of Wellbeing Week, said: “Being at University is an incredibly unique environment and while this can be exciting for some, it can also bring about a whole host of issues which require students, and staff, to have to more carefully look after their wellbeing."
A full list of the events hosted by the University is available here:
Monday 27th February
- Mindfulness and Tai Chi in Queen’s Hall with Clare Laurence-Simms - 10am – 1pm
- Interactive Workshop and Talks in Alumni Room by Inspirited Minds and Islamic Society – 12pm–1pm, 4-5pm
- Wellbeing Tree in the SU Square by Inspirited Minds and Islamic Society – 11:30-4pm
- £1 Smoothies by Enactus in the SU Square 11am-2pm
- Talk about mental illness by Inspirited Minds and Islamic Society – 5-7pm
- Workshop by Mental Health Awareness and Support Society in the Alumni Room - 6-7pm
Tuesday 28th February
- Craft session by Student Support Services in the Yellow Room – 11am-2pm
- Schools Workshops in the Alumni Room 12:30-3pm
- Look After Your Mate Workshop in the SU Training Room – 2-4pm
Wednesday 1st March
- ‘Be-Leaf in Yourself’ (arts, crafts, cooking, chill-out) by Hungry For Change at Brookfield Plot – 12-4pm
- Water Stall by UoL Sport and Rec in the SU Square – 12-2pm
- Laces Campaign for sports teams by Mental Health Charity – afternoon
- Fancy Dress Fun Run by University of Leicester Running and Athletics Club at Victoria Park – 6pm
- Tea and Toast after LetsDisko by Nightline outside the O2 Academy
Thursday 2nd March
- Talk by Louise White in the Alumni Room – 12-1pm, 1-2pm
- ‘The Time of Your Life’ by Caravan Theatre Company – 12pm-4pm
- Laughter Yoga taster sessions in Queen’s Hall - 12pm-12.20pm, 12.30-12.50pm, 2-2.20pm, 2.30-2.50pm
- Comedy Workshop in Queen’s Hall – 3:30-5:30pm
- Performance Showcase! at the Exchange – from 7pm
Friday 3rd March
- Movie Marathon with LGBTQ Association in the Alumni Room – 11am-3pm
- Information stall by Mental Health Awareness and Support Society in the SU Square – 11am – 3pm