The New Luciad
The New Luciad (TNL) seeks to provide a platform for a variety of creative work including prose, poetry, creative non-fiction, photography and artwork.
Although entirely run and edited by students at the university, TNL does rely on the Centre for New Writing for support and financial assistance.
All students studying at the university are eligible to submit for TNL.
The editors are happy to consider all creative writing, as well as artwork and photography. This includes:
- Short stories
- Flash fiction and extracts from novels
- Works of creative non-fiction (such as travel writing and reportage)
Call for submissions
Submissions are requested in spring each year and then issued at the end of July.
Participants may submit in one or more of the following three categories, and may also submit several pieces within each category, providing the total limit isn't exceeded:
- Prose – maximum 3,000 words in total
- Poetry – maximum 100 lines in total
- Artwork/photography – maximum five pieces in total
Hard copies of The New Luciad are published and available for purchase at the end of July via the Attenborough Arts Centre. Past publications of The New Luciad are available, free of charge, in PDF format below:
- TNL Issue 1, 2012-2013 (PDF, 1.92mb)
- TNL Issue 2, 2013-2014 (PDF, 7.62mb)
- TNL Issue 3, 2014-2015 (PDF, 8.12mb)
Editor: Joanna Wilson-Scott