AI opportunities in precision medicine
Tuesday 26 March 2019, 10.30am to 1.30pm
A meeting for academics from across the College of Life Sciences to discuss opportunities to develop novel AI applications in Precision Medicine for patient benefit.
10:30 Arrivals and registration with coffee
- Precision Medicine Institute (LPMI) by Jacqui Shaw,
- Leicester Artificial Intelligence Network (LAIN) by Alistair McEwan,
- Artificial Intelligence Data Analytics and Modelling (AIDAM) by Ivan Tyukin
11:30 Introduce yourself:
- All participants (2 mins/1 slide submitted beforehand) who you are & what you bring why/how you want to use AI to work with others?
12:30 Funding landscape for AI development in healthcare:
- Introduce internal and external funding scheme to support - Rebecca Hames & Stephen Ison
- Focus: upcoming EPSRC Transformative Healthcare Technologies Call
12:45 Table work
- Discussion about collaborations and the development of project ideas
13:30 Lunch and finish