45 PhD scholarships will be offered to individuals nominated by AIOU across a range of academic research areas, including:
- Early Childhood Education, Science Education, Teacher Education, Distance and Non-Formal Education, Educational Planning and Management, Instructional Design.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Health and Nutrition.
- Management Sciences
- Law, Gender Studies, English, Economics, International Relations, History
- Islamic Law and Jurisprudence, Interfaith Studies, Islamic Thought History and Culture
The University of Leicester will support suitable applicants nominated by AIOU to gain places on relevant PhD course within the following academic colleges:
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Social Sciences, Arts and Humanities
Staff from the University of Leicester’s International Professional Development Unit will advise and support AIOU staff regarding the process for developing a suitable, high-quality application for each of the available scholarships.