Access to facilities and what's included
The University of Leicester’s on-campus facilities are available to all AIOU course delegates and postgraduate students, including:
- State-of-the-art University library
- Modern IT Services and academic Wi-Fi
- University catering services
- University Sports facilities (at an extra cost)
- Student Union building and support services
All course delegates and postgraduate students are able to choose from a variety of accommodation options, ranging from relatively low-cost student housing to the university’s own hotel at College Court. Those travelling to Leicester from AIOU to complete their PhD or Masters programme, each receive identical benefits provided to all postgraduate students, with additional personal support delivered by the administrative team within the International Professional Development Unit.
Delegates attending planned short courses and those completing postdoctoral fellowships also receive the following:
- Welcome packs
- Introductory welcome sessions
- Regular satisfaction surveys
- Certificates of achievement
- A closing ceremony and end or course lunch
- A final report including trainees’ responses to satisfaction survey, qualitative and quantitative evaluation of trainees’ performance, and an overview of program outcomes.