Over the last 6 years, the University of Leicester’s International Professional Development Unit has welcomed many visiting postdoctoral fellows from a range of countries, including China, Saudi Arabia, and Kazakhstan. 20 academic staff from AIOU will be offered similar fellowship placements:
- Placements last for 12 months and include an independent research project.
- Each fellow is assigned a mentor to provide support while completing individual research projects.
- Mentor meetings take place on a regular basis to share and discuss progress.
- Staff within the International Professional Development Unit help to identify and contact academics across the University of Leicester, to support information gathering for research projects.
- Placements complete with a final report, presentation, and certificate of completion.
- During placements, fellows are provided with access to university resources including the library, Wi-Fi, internet, email, etc.
- Where possible, we encourage publication of work completed during a placement.