We are internationally renowned for the quality of our research. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), we submitted over 90% of our academic staff. The quality profile, as judged by the REF, showed that 90% of our research was internationally excellent or world leading in terms of originality, significance, and rigour. 16% of our papers were judged to be world leading.
School of Engineering includes these research groups:
and these research themes:
We also host research in the following cross-disciplinary groupings:
- Advanced Microscopy Centre
- Biomechanics & Immersive Technology Laboratory
- Dynamics, Vibration & Acoustics Laboratory
- NISCO UK Research Centre (NU-RC)
- TWI Materials Innovation Centre (MatIC)
Browse the School of Engineering pages at the Leicester Research Archive.