English for Humanities International Summer Programme
Discover British literature and history and develop your English skills at the University of Leicester
Aims of the English for Humanities International Summer Programme
The main aims of this three week course are to help participants to improve their ability in both general and academic English, while also learning more about humanities subjects offered by the University of Leicester in enjoyable surroundings. It also aims to give participants an insight into life in the UK and its higher education system.
Why join the English for Humanities International Summer Programme?
- Improve your English skills in an academic and friendly environment
- Discover more about British culture, featuring films, literature, history and museums
- Find out what it is like to live and study at a renowned British university
- Make friends with other students from around the world
- Enhance your CV with an international study experience
- Experience living in a vibrant and student friendly city situated in the heart of England
- A comprehensive induction programme, including an introduction to the City of Leicester
- Daily English classes, focusing on both general and academic English, with particular emphasis on speaking and listening skills.
- A mixture of seminars and lectures on British culture, focusing on film studies, museum studies and English literature, with particular emphasis on Shakespeare and the discovery of the remains of King Richard III
- An individual research project and poster presentation
- Themed weekend excursions aimed at developing knowledge and skills gained in the classroom. More information is provided below
- Fun evening social activities with students from other international summer programmes.
- Some free time, making it possible to visit other cities or places of interest independently
- An end-of-course presentation ceremony and tutor feedback
What is the difference between Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme and English for Humanities International Summer Programme?
The English for Humanities International Summer Programme requires a higher English level and contains more academic content. It is most suitable for those who wish to develop an established interest in the humanities, in areas such as British literature and history, for instance.
The Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme aims to offer a general introduction to British life and culture. Although there are clear academic themes within course, there is more of focus on activities outside the classroom than with the English for Humanities International Summer Programme.
- Course dates: 8th August to 26th August 2022.
- Application deadline: 30th June 2022
- Payment deadline: 8th July 2022
- Registration deadline: 15th July 2022
- Participants are expected to have a minimum English level of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. Alternative English qualifications will be accepted or we may be able to test your English. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Participants must be aged 18 or over.
- Accommodation will be in self-catered accommodation within walking distance of the campus and the city centre.
- Participants will be housed in a single study bedroom with ensuite bathroom and will share kitchen and bathroom facilities. All bills and Wi-Fi access are included.
- £2,050 per student.
- £1950 for students from a University of Leicester partner.
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course
- Tuition fees for all classes
- Self-catered ensuite accommodation
- All excursions and social events
- All study materials
- A certificate of attendance, transcript and written feedback
- International Summer Programme T-shirt and farewell gift
- Closing ceremony with prize giving
- Access to University of Leicester facilities
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Meals and beverages, unless specified in the timetable
- Visa costs
- Medical and travel insurance
Visit our scholarships for the 2022 International Summer Programmes page for more information
- Up to 5th July - Full refund
- 6th to 25th July - Half refund
- 26th July or after - No refund