Leicester Discovery Iternational Summer Programme
The Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme is aimed at students of all disciplines who wish to experience a taste of studying at a British university whilst learning about life in the UK and improving their English and academic skills
Aims of the Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme
The main aims of the course are to introduce participants to study in a British university context while giving a chance to discover aspects of British life through a programme of activities. English classes aim to develop all four language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing but the main emphasis will be on improving spoken English
Why join the Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme?
- Find out what it is like to live and study at a renowned British university
- Improve your English ability in an academic and friendly environment
- Have fun while discovering more about life in Britain, including history, film, sports and food
- Develop academic skills in preparation for future study abroad
- Experience living in a vibrant and student friendly city situated in the heart of England
- Make friends with other students from around the world.
- A course welcome and induction programme.
- Daily English classes, focusing on both general and academic English, with particular emphasis on speaking and listening skills.
- A varied activity programme giving an introduction to different aspects of British life, such as history, cuisine, sport, film, museums and shopping.
- A basic research project leading to a poster presentation.
- Day trips to places of interest.
- Evening social activities with students from other international summer programmes
- A closing ceremony with prize giving and award of certificates
What is the difference between Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme and English for Humanities International Summer Programme?
The English for Humanities International Summer Programme requires a higher English level and contains more academic content. It is most suitable for those who wish to develop an established interest in the humanities, in areas such as British literature and history, for instance.
The Leicester Discovery International Summer Programme aims to offer a general introduction to British life and culture. Although there are clear academic themes within the course, there is more of focus on activities outside the classroom than with the English for Humanities International Summer Programme.
Please complete an enquiry form to receive further information.
- To be confirmed
- Participants are expected to have a minimum English level of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. Alternative English qualifications will be accepted or we may be able to test your English. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Participants must be aged 18 or over.
- Accommodation will be in self-catered accommodation within walking distance of the campus and the city centre.
- Participants will be housed in a single study bedroom with ensuite bathroom and will share kitchen and bathroom facilities. All bills and Wi-Fi access are included.
- £1,950 per person
- £1,800 for participants from University of Leicester partner institutions
- £1,800 for participants referred by a previous International Summer Programme student.
- £1,800 for participants referred by a current University of Leicester student or member of staff.
Payment is required in full to accept a place on the course
- Tuition fees for all classes
- Self-catered ensuite accommodation
- All excursions and social events
- All study materials
- A certificate of attendance, transcript and written feedback
- International Summer Programme T-shirt and farewell gift
- Closing ceremony with prize giving
- Access to University of Leicester facilities
What's not included
- Airport transfers
- Meals and beverages, unless specified in the timetable
- Visa costs
- Medical and travel insurance
Visit our scholarships for the 2020 International Summer Programmes page for more information
- Full Refund: Within 14 days of acceptance of place
- Half Refund: On or before 23rd July 2021
- No Refund: After 23rd July 2021