Terms of Reference and Membership 2021-22
To manage the business of the Alumni Association of the University of Leicester.
- To formulate and oversee the implementation of the policies of the Alumni Association.
- To act as a channel of communication between the Alumni Association and the University.
- To arrange and run events on behalf of the Alumni Association.
- To arrange and run the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association.
- To offer advice and support to the Philanthropy, Alumni and Community Engagement Office on the Alumni Relations programme.
- To appoint a member of the Standing Committee, normally the Chair, to serve as a member of the University’s governing Council.
- To appoint up to two members of the Standing Committee (including the Chair) to serve on the Augmented Nominations Committee for the purposes of appointing the University’s Chancellor.
- To consider, record and address the potential equal opportunity impacts of decisions made by the Committee (in accordance with the ‘due regard’ provisions of the Equality Act 2010).
Constitution and membership 2021-22
- a) The Chair of the Alumni Association Committee - Mr Martin Cullen 
- b) Ten members appointed by the Alumni Association
- Vice-Chair of the Alumni Association Committee - Mrs Lynda Wight 
- Treasurer of the Alumni Association Committee - Mr Simon Green 
- Miss Elizabeth Blood 
- Dr Robert Fairbrother 
- Mr Dan Flatt 
- Mr Lukas Stahl 
- Mr Charles du Couëdic de Kerérant 
- Mr Richard Lee 
- Mr Michael Aw 
- Ms Jashan Johal 
- c) The immediate past Chair of the Alumni Association Committee – Currently vacant
- d) Up to five co-opted members (including a representative from the Governing body of the Students’ Union): Miss Rhiannon Jenkins 
Duration of appointment
- Members appointed under a) and b) shall for 3 years and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
- Members appointed under c) may be appointed, in the interest of the community, to serve for a period of one year only
- Members appointed under d) shall be appointed annually by the Standing Committee and shall be eligible for re-appointment.
- Categories a), b) and c) above are open to Full and Associate Members of the Alumni Association.
- Category d) is open to Full and Associate Members, and any other person whom the Standing Committee may decide upon.
- Unless stated otherwise members shall retire after a maximum period of three consecutive terms of three years and shall be required to retire for at least one full year before being eligible for re-appointment. Exceptions to this rule will require a specific resolution of the Standing Committee.
- Appointments shall expire on 30 September of the relevant year.
Normally in attendance at meetings
Additional persons may attend meetings from time to time as guests of the Committee to decide if they would like to join as a full member.
Development and Alumni Relations Office.
Frequency of meetings
Meetings of the Committee shall normally be held at least four times per year.