University of Leicester Scholarship
Studying at University requires you to manage your finances carefully. That can be even more of a challenge if you are coming from a low-income background.
The University of Leicester Scholarship can help you if you have:
- completed the Leicester Enhanced Access Programme (LEAP/MedLEAP), or
- completed the Realising Opportunities programme, or
- a household income of £25,000 or below, as assessed by Student Finance England (see additional information from the government about Student Finance and the further information below).
If you are eligible, we will give you a financial award of £1,000 cash for each year of your course (not including a year abroad or an industrial placement).
- This scholarship is only available to UK and EU students.
- You must have been means tested by Student Finance England (or your relevant Government department if you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland).
- Your Domicile, as declared to Student Finance, must be England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- You must be registered as a full-time undergraduate student at the University of Leicester on 1 December to be able to receive a scholarship.
- Available for all subjects, including Medicine*.
There is no need to apply for the University of Leicester Scholarship. We will let you know if you have been awarded the scholarship after your results and place at Leicester have been confirmed.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
The University of Leicester reserves the right to make changes to these arrangements, or to withdraw aspects of the scheme or add new elements.
* Medical students
If you are a medical student and are awarded the University of Leicester Scholarship, you will receive this for the first four years of your degree. You will not receive the University of Leicester Scholarship award for the fifth year of your degree (or your sixth year, if you take an intercalated degree), because you will receive funding for fees and living costs directly from the NHS.