English language requirements
In addition to the academic entry requirements, you will also need to satisfy the English language entry requirements.
You will have satisfied our English language entry requirements if you are a national of one of these countries and have completed your secondary or university education in one of the listed countries and your teaching was in English.
If you are NOT a national of one of these countries but have completed one or more of the following qualifications where teaching was in English and the qualification was completed in one of the listed countries within the last three years you will have met our English language entry requirements:
- Your secondary school education
- Two years of undergraduate (bachelor) level education
- A Masters degree or research degree
If there is any doubt about your English language ability, Departments may require you to achieve a satisfactory score in a recognised English language test - such as IELTS (Academic Version). Alternatively you can complete one of our pre-sessional English language courses to meet the required IELTS standard (pre-sessional courses cannot be used to satisfy the English language entry requirement for admission to the DClinPsy programme).
Other ways to satisfy the English language requirement
In all other cases, you must satisfy the English language entry requirement by:
- holding a specified academic English language qualification OR
- achieving the required scores in one of the accepted English language tests OR
- successfully completing the appropriate University English Language Teaching Unit pre-sessional courses
The English language requirements will vary depending on your research degree programme. Please select the department you wish to study in from the list below to see the English language requirements for that department.
- Archaeology and Ancient History
- Cancer Studies
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Computer Science
- Clinical Psychology, Doctor of (DClinPsy)
- Geography (Human and Physical)
- History of Art and Film
- Infection, Immunity, Inflammation
- Medicine, Doctor of (MD)
- Media and Communication
- Modern Languages
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Museum Studies
- Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour
- Physics and Astronomy
- Politics and International Relations
- Population Health Sciences
- Social Science, Doctor of (DSocSci)