Find out more - additional resources about Richard III
If you would like to learn more about the project, why not investigate the search for Richard III in greater depth?
To date, six peer-reviewed articles have been published by the team, covering everything from the archaeology to Richard III’s trauma, scoliosis, genetics and genealogy, diet and intestinal parasites. These are all freely accessible online.
- BUCKLEY, R. et al. (2013) ‘The king in the car park’: new light on the death and burial of Richard III in the Grey Friars church, Leicester, in 1485’ in Antiquity 87:336, pp519-538
- MITCHELL, P.D. et al. (2013) ‘The intestinal parasites of King Richard III’ in The Lancet 382, p888
- APPLEBY, J. et al. (2014) ‘The scoliosis of Richard III, last Plantagenet King of England: diagnosis and clinical significance’ in The Lancet 383, p1944
- LAMB, A.L. et al. (2014) ‘Multi-isotope analysis demonstrates significant lifestyle changes in King Richard III’ in Journal of Archaeological Science 30, pp1-7
- APPLEBY, J. et al. (2014) ‘Perimortem skeletal trauma in Richard III’ in The Lancet, online edition 17 Sept 2014
- KING, T. et al. (2014) ‘Identification of the remains of King Richard III’ in Nature Communications 5:5631 doi: 10.1038/ncomms6631
The University has also published two popular books on the project:
- MORRIS, M. & BUCKLEY, R. (2013) Richard III: The King under the Car Park. Leicester: ULAS.
- THE GREYFRIARS RESEARCH TEAM WITH KENNEDY, M. & FOXHALL, L. (2015) The Bones of a King: Richard III Rediscovered. Chichester: Wiley Blackwell
Or why not try:
- BALDWIN, D. (2013) Richard III. Stroud: Amberley Publishing
- HOBSON, P. (2016) How to bury a king: The reinterment of King Richard III. Fulwood: Zaccmedia
- LANGLEY, P. & JONES, M. (2013) The King’s Grave: The Search for Richard III. London: John Murray
- PITTS, M. (2014) Digging for Richard III. London: Thames & Hudson
- ADAM, R. & POVEY, A. (2014) The Children’s Book of Richard III. Leicester: The Reading Shop
- HILL, S. (2014) Richard III (I was there). London: Scholastic Children’s Books