The Leicester Institute for Advanced Studies currently offers pump-priming for interdisciplinary research through the Into the City and Pioneering Partnerships Schemes. LIAS Seed Corn funding is available on a rolling basis.
Pioneering Partnerships 2022/23
Pioneering Partnerships offers funding (up to £6,000) to develop existing ambitious, challenge-led collaborations, preparing the way for others to follow.
- Busting the Myths surrounding Uterine Cancer: development of a co-designed information intervention for ethnic minority women delivered through community pharmacists (Lead: Dr Esther Moss)
- Future Citizens (Lead: Professor Athina Karatzogianni)
- Energy cooperation as a novel approach to create future energy proof business districts (Lead: Dr Arash Sadeghi)
- Identifying and addressing human and research culture factors driving the insufficient validation of antibodies in biomedical research (Lead: Dr Harvinder Virk and Dr Eva Krockow)
- Exploring the Feasibility and Value of Pioneering Partnerships to Reduce Avoidable Snakebite Deaths in India (Lead: Dr Nibedita Ray-Bennett)
Into the City 2022/23
LIAS Seed Corn promotes the enrichment of new activities and exploratory collaborations by offering up to £2,000. Into the City Scheme, in-line with our civic mission, builds and nurtures collaborations with organisations based in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- Creative Climates (Dr Harry Whitehead)