We welcome organisations from policy, environmental practice and industry contacting us to discuss collaboration opportunities. Our transdisciplinary approach means that we co-design and co-deliver much of our research together with partner organisations to ensure that research excellence leads to real-world impact.
The Institute for Environmental Futures is home to a large and vibrant community of PhD students and postdoctoral researchers. If you are interested in exploring opportunities to study for a research degree, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept job applications by email. Instead, you are advised to apply through the University of Leicester jobs portal.
We operate a Visiting Fellowship Programme to enable visits by researchers with relevant interests and expertise. To find out more, please email us (email@example.com).
Environmental Futures Visiting Fellowship Scheme
The Institute for Environmental Futures at the University of Leicester is inviting applications for its Visiting Fellowship Scheme.
This scheme aims to attract innovative and creative researchers and professionals from non-academic organisations to the Institute for Environmental Futures at the University of Leicester. We invite applications from any discipline and from academic or non-academic organisations to apply. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You have a strong interest in research that addresses one of the research challenges of the Institute specified on our website.
- You want to work closely with stakeholders and non-academic partners as well as researchers in a trans-disciplinary context.
- You have an innovative and creative idea which research and stakeholder engagement you want to carry out at the University of Leicester during your visit.
- You wish to work together with one or more members of the Institute for Environmental Futures before, during and after your visit.
- You wish to spend between one week and three months at the University of Leicester.
We are seeking applicants who wish to contribute to the academic life in the Institute for Environmental Futures by offering one or more of the following activities during their visit:
- Host a training event to exchange knowledge across disciplines on an environmental topic.
- Work with us to develop a grant application related to one of our research challenges.
- Co-write an academic publication for submission to a high impact journal, or a monograph/book.
- Contribute to public outreach and knowledge exchange.
- Organise a workshop, performance, seminar, exhibition or hold a lecture.
- Co-produce a podcast, visual material/images, videos or other multimedia material with us on a topic.
Successful Environmental Futures Visiting Fellows will be asked to provide biographical information and a photograph that can be used to promote the visit.