A range of exciting work, further education and career options are available to our students.
Our graduates tend to find employment in the communication field, from public relations and advertising through to media production itself. The knowledge and skills you will acquire on our programmes can also equip you for jobs in teaching, social work, government, regulatory bodies, public policy think tanks, market research and business analysis companies.
Our degrees provide an excellent grounding for many career options. Such options include:
- Commercial marketing/market research
- Public relations consultancy
- Television production and scriptwriting
- Academic research and research consultancy
Many students also develop interests in teaching and areas of social work.
There is also a great deal of opportunity for further postgraduate study in this field, including here at Leicester.
In recent years, our graduates have gone on to a wide variety of jobs or further training, including:
- ADAS (MAFF): Researcher
- AOL Europe: Partner Marketing Manager
- Bass Brewers: Marketing Assistant
- BBC Natural History Unit: Production Secretary
- Birmingham Health Authority: Assistant Personnel Manager
- Bournemouth University: MA Television and Video Production
- BUNAC: Campus Support Assistant
- BUPA: Account Executive
- CO-OP Bank: Fraud Investigator
- Corby: English/Media Teacher
- Dean Street Post (Post Production): Librarian
- Gloucester College of Arts: NCJT Journalism Course
- Granada/Sky: Researcher
- ITC: Researcher
- Japan (JET scheme): English teacher
- Lion Television: Assistant Producer
- Local newspaper (Crawley): Journalist
- Virgin.net: Sub-editor
- West Midlands Police: Intelligence Research Officer