Service and Ordering
We provide a unique PLEICS vector(s) cloning service with a choice of 136 vectors.
We prepare PCR products from supplied templates and primers (if PCR fails we will perform one round of troubleshooting), and clone into pLEICS vector(s) of choice
- Choose your expression system (E. coli, mammalian cells, baculovirus, Pichia Pastoris, Drosophila, Xenopus and cell-free systems, etc.)
- Choose your pLEICS vector(s) from the Available Vectors
- Decide pLEICS vector family (Multiple vectors from one set of primers)
- Design PCR Primers or/and PCR-based mutagenesis primers (see Primer Design Guide for details)
- Order your primers and dissolve your primers in autoclaved water (concentration 1µg/µl preferred)
- Submit your cloning request with a filled Cloning Request Form (doc, 188kb) or/and Mutagenesis Cloning Request Form (doc, 50kb), PCR primers and PCR template to PROTEX.
Normally, orders received by Friday 4:00pm should be ready to return before 5:00pm next Friday
- We will email you when we complete your clones.
You will then be able to send your clones for sequencing, this is outsourced to Source Bioscience. There is a collection box in the Adrian Building reception (Contact Sharon Munday for more details). You can find sequencing primer details at Vector Details (PDF, 491kb).
- Download and complete the order form for cloning (doc, 188kb) or mutagenesis (doc, 50kb), and email to Sharon Munday.
- Bring primers, templates, and request form (pLEICS vectors are supplied by us) to HWB Room 1/40; or contact Sharon Munday for alternative arrangements.