Literary Leicester is proud to work in partnership with a range of arts and cultural organisations, charities, and venues. These include:
- Renaissance One, an independent arts company that curates book tours, literary readings, spoken word and poetry performances, educational workshops, and mentoring, to amplify and showcase a wide palette of voices.
- First Story, England’s leading creative writing charity for young people. First Story works to provide high-quality creative writing opportunities for young people in schools in low-income communities, by employing the best UK writing talent and equipping teachers with resources.
- The Letterbox Club, run by the BookTrust. BookTrust is the UK’s largest children’s reading charity, which is dedicated to getting children reading and reaches millions of children across the UK with books, resources and support to help develop a love of reading. The Letterbox Club sends vulnerable children colourful parcels of books, maths games, and stationery, to support reading and numeracy skills.
- Attenborough Arts Centre is a pioneering place to make and see art, which prides itself upon accessibility and inclusivity. Its programmes include performance, courses and workshops, contemporary art exhibitions, activities for children and families, and more.
- Writing East Midlands, the literature development agency for the region, supports writers at all stages in their careers, connecting them with opportunity, and helping them to help themselves through a range of workshops, writing courses, mentoring, career development events, conferences, and festivals.
- The Centre for New Writing, the university’s interdisciplinary research centre with a focus on developing new directions in contemporary creative writing of all kinds, which organises an annual series of author workshops, masterclasses, and other events.
- Arts Council England are the national development agency for creativity and culture. Arts Council England supports arts and culture using public money from the Government and the National Lottery.