Microscopes and equipment
FEI Titan Krios G3
- High-brightness X-FEG gun
- Three lens condenser system for parallel sample illumination
- 80 to 300 kV
- Constant Power lens design for optimal mode switching between LM-HM imaging and diffraction
- Autoloader for robotic sample handling and loading of up to 12 samples
- Falcon 3EC Camera
- Gatan K3 Camera with Bioquantum Energy Filter
- Volta Phase Plate for close to focus, high-contrast, data acquisition: Ideal for smaller (<200 kDa) macromolecular complexes
Thermo Fisher EPU: Software for automated single particle collection
- Falcon 3EC and K3 fully embedded
- Aberration free image-beam shift (AFIS) combined with fringe free illumination (FFI) yield up to 900 micrographs per hour on the K3.
- Thermo Fisher Batch Tomography: Software for automated tomogram collection
- Serial EM: Software for automated single particle and tomogram collection
- High-brightness FEG gun
- 120 to 200 kV
- Side-entry Gatan 626 cryo-holder
- TVIPS F224HD 2k×2k CCD camera
User friendly and reproducible, this plunger is ideal for new and experienced users. Double sided blotting and temperature and humidity control.
Custom Manual Plunger
This simple plunger offers high reproducibility with a small learning curve. The single sided blotting can be advantageous for some specimens, such as bacterial cells.
A dual chamber glow-discharge machine for making grids hydrophilic with either air (negative charge) or a volatile additive such as pentalamine (positive charge).