The David Wilson Library has a wide range of study spaces suited to a variety of study needs.
- Silent spaces for silent individual study.
- Quiet spaces for quiet individual study, with an occasional whispered conversation.
- Collaborative spaces and rooms for group and collaborative study.
Cold food and lidded drinks are allowed in all areas of the library except the PC Zones, Silent Study Areas and Archives and Special Collections.
Bookable Group Study Rooms
- Located throughout the Library, rooms can be booked up to 8 days in advance through Book a Study Space.
- Rooms may be booked for group study by University of Leicester students only. They are not available for individual study, teaching, presentations, interviews or for University meetings.
- A group must consist of at least 4 people.
- If the room is not occupied within 15 minutes of the start of a booking it may be rebooked to another group, a member of library staff can do this for you.
Digital Reading Room
- Located on the Ground Floor of the Library.
- Equipped with interactive wall and table.
Doctoral College Reading Room
- Located on Floor 1 of the Library and available for use by all University of Leicester postgraduate research students and all University staff.
Graduate Reading Room
- Located on Floor 1 of the Library and for use by all taught course postgraduate students.
IT Zones and Rooms
- Computers are located on floors: Ground, 1, 2 and 3. See available PCs.
- Print, copy, scan devices are located on floors: Ground, 1, 2 and 3
- IT room 1 and the Esports Lab, both on the Ground Floor, are bookable.
During busy times it can be difficult to find a space in the Library, so we:
- Book out extra space across campus
- Provide additional silent study space in the Library
- Ensure that more Library staff are available to support our students