Using metrics responsibly
The University is a signatory to the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), and takes our commitment to, and implementation of, principles for the responsible use of research metrics seriously.
Our Statement of Principles is based upon transparency, consistency, accountability and inclusivity, and follows the lead of principles outlined in DORA, The Leiden Manifesto, The Metric Tide Report and the UK Forum for Responsible Research Metrics.
The University is currently working on the implementation of DORA principles which will be implemented in 2021.
- Using ORCID
- ORCID has become the major author identifier in academic publishing and research evaluation.
- Using Scopus Author ID
- Using Publons (Web of Science)
- Using the Corporate Address Policy
Demonstrating publishing and online impact
- How to track citations of published work in Scopus and Web of Science
- Using SciVal to provide detailed metrics and analysis
- Using Google Scholar profiles
- Using Altmetric to track online engagement of published work
- Using metrics from Leicester Research Archive
For advice, support and training contact email@example.com.