Department of Genetics and Genome Biology

Genetics and Genome Biology student complaints

Genetics and Genome Biology at Leicester aims to ensure that all our students have the opportunity to benefit from their studies and other opportunities offered by the University. We welcome feedback on how we are doing and understand that occasionally something can go wrong or you may not be satisfied with an aspect of your experience. Where this is the case we would encourage you to let us know as soon as possible, so that we can try to put it right for you and other students, by following the process below.


We welcome student views and opinions of all types as they show us where we are doing something well or help us to identify where we might improve. In most cases providing feedback will not be the same as submitting a complaint and may just be a suggestion on how you feel something could be done better or in a different way. To help us improve, we encourage you to take advantage of all opportunities to provide us with feedback.

If you would like to provide feedback on the service you have received from Genetics and Genome Biology please feel free to get in touch with Steph Moutrey at

Informal resolution

We treat something as a complaint if you tell us that you want to make a complaint, either because you are not satisfied with the standard of service we provide or because of something we have done or not done. We ask that you try to resolve concerns directly, informally and as soon as possible with the person or service concerned, as by this means it is usually possible to resolve them quickly. It is helpful if you explain the problem as clearly as you can and suggest how you would like it to be resolved. We will listen to your concerns and try to resolve these in a straightforward, reasonable and prompt way. If you would like to raise an informal complaint please contact Steph Moutrey at

Formal complaints

If you are not happy with the way your complaint has been dealt with at the informal stage you can make a formal complaint to the University.

Details of the formal complaint process are available on the University’s Student Complaints webpage.

Back to top