Friends of the school
The principal aim of the Friends of the School of Education is to promote and support the educational achievement of young people in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
It is also an opportunity for alumni of the School of Education, education professionals and members of the public to keep up to date with news and events in the School.
Once registered, members can immediately benefit from:
- A regular newsletter highlighting the work of the School and its graduates
- Opportunities to partner with the University on exciting projects
- Priority booking on CPD+ courses and early bird offers
- Invitations to events and talks hosted by the School of Education
Future initiatives for members include:
- Opportunities to contribute to the School’s teaching
- Access to teaching resources developed and produced by the School
- The chance to act as mentor to our current and future students (which includes training in coaching and leadership)
- Links to other departments across the University to support your projects and curriculum delivery
Here are just a few of the projects for which we have received funding over the years. Our members will be able to support similar projects in the future.