On Campus and Online Presessional
In term 3 (Spring) of 2021/22, students will be able to choose to attend our 20-week presessional programme either on campus in Leicester or online from their home country.
In term 4 (Summer) of 2021/22, students will be able to choose to attend our 10-week or 6-week presessional programmes either on campus in Leicester or online from their home country.
All other presessional programmes running in terms 3 and 4 will be delivered on campus only.
Structure of the On Campus Programme
- 21 hours per week of classes. Morning classes every weekday (e.g. 9.30am -11.00am; 11.30am - 1.00pm). Three afternoon classes (e.g. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 2.00pm - 4.00pm).
- 15 hours per week of self study.
Structure of the Online Programme
- 9 to 12 hours of live video classes per week, taking place between 8.30am and 1.00pm UK time. Attendance at all classes is compulsory.
- 25 hours per week of guided independent study.
What are the advantages of the On Campus Presessional?
- Meet classmates and teachers in person.
- Access to university buildings and facilities, such as the library, Students' Union and sports facilities (dependent on local Covid restrictions).
- Study in an English-speaking environment.
- Familiarise yourself with the University, city and local culture.
What are the advantages of the Online Presessional?
- More flexibility in the admissions process and entry requirements, such as the larger range of acceptable English language tests and exams.
- Study at home, saving money on accommodation, taking IELTS tests and visa fees (a Student Visa will be required if you subsequently come to the UK).
- Schedule your independent study at times convenient to you.
Features of both On Campus and Online presessionals
- A personal tutor to guide you through the module in one-to-one tutorials.
- Small class sizes - learn through interaction with the tutor and other students.
- High-quality learning materials.
- Development and practice of reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Develop knowledge of your academic area and learn how to write an academic assignment (Modules D and E).
- Learn about UK study culture.
There are different entry requirements and application deadlines for On Campus and Online presessionals. On Campus students will need to apply for a Student Visa, which requires a suitable English language test. Please email email@example.com if you are unsure whether you can apply for the On Campus presessional.