Writing consultations for campus based students
Improve your written work with a 15-minute tutorial
A 15-minute tutorial with an experienced tutor of the ELTU, to discuss a draft of your academic work.
Students are entitled to one tutorial per semester. Writing consultations can take place online.
|Semester One: September – January
Semester Two: January –June
Who is this service for?
Any non-native speaker of English who is a registered campus-based student of the University of Leicester.
ERASMUS students can have a tutorial to discuss a draft of work excluding ELTU credit modules.
How to apply for the writing consultation service
- Complete the online request form (you'll need to log in with your university IT account details). You should request a writing consultation a minimum of 5 working days in term time before an assignment deadline, a minimum of 7 working days before the deadline over the Christmas or Easter holiday period, or a minimum of 10 working days before a dissertation deadline.
- Upload your draft and assignment brief
- Receive an email with possible times for a meeting
- Confirm (by email) which time you will attend
- Attend a 15-minute tutorial to discuss how to improve your work
- Grammar and vocabulary
- Academic conventions and referencing
- Study skills
This is not a proof-reading service. You will get:
- one page of language corrections
- advice on grammar areas to improve your writing in the long-term
- help with the communication of your ideas in English
- Students are entitled to one tutorial per semester
How much does it cost?
This service is free of charge to current students of the University of Leicester.