Nucleus genomics is a state of the art core facility. We enable researchers both within, and outside the University, to incorporate the very latest Genomics technologies in their experiments.
The facility is equipped with various state-of-the-art platforms:
- Next Generation Sequencing Platforms: Illumina Miseq, Oxford Nanopore MinION
- 10X Genomics Chromium Controller
- Microarray Scanners: Illumina iscan and Agilent C-scanner
- High throughput quantitative PCR platforms: Roche Light Cycler, ABI 7900HT
- Systems for quality check: Nanodrop (ND8000 - 8 channel), Fluorescent Nanodrop (single channel), Agilent Bioanalyser
Projects can be handed over to the nucleus team for completion, or conducted in some form of collaboration with the users. To enable this, a support model has been devised that also involves training and laboratory hotel activities.
The facility is a non-profit academic lab. Our customers are charged on a cost recovery basis. Pricing for our systems is provided for guidance.