- A.N. Gorban, V.A. Makarov, I.Y. Tyukin. The unreasonable effectiveness of small neural ensembles in high-dimensional brain. Physics of Life Reviews, 29, 55-88, 2019.
- I. Tyukin, A.N. Gorban, S. Green, D. Prokhorov. Fast Construction of Correcting Ensembles for Legacy Artificial Intelligence Systems: Algorithms and a Case Study, Information Sciences, 485, 230-247, 2019.
- Inventors: Ilya Romanenko, Alexander Gorban, Ivan Tyukin; Image Processing, US Patent 10,489,634, Nov 26, 2019, Assignee: Apical Ltd & University of Leicester; Priority date: 2017-09-26.
- A.N. Gorban, A. Golubkov, B. Grechuk, E.M. Mirkes, I.Y. Tyukin. Correction of AI systems by linear discriminants: Probabilistic foundations. Information Sciences, 466, 303-322, 2018.
- Fehrman, E., Egan, V., Gorban, A.N., Levesley, J., Mirkes, E.M., Muhammad, A.K. Personality Traits and Drug Consumption. A Story Told by Data, Springer, Cham. (Research Monograph) ISBN, 978-3-030-10442-9; 978-3-030-10441-2.
Press-release in EurekAlert!: Personality traits of drug users (10 Jun 2019).
- A.N. Gorban, E. Mirkes, I. Tyukin. How deep should be the depth of convolutional neural networks: a backyard dog case study. Cognitive Computation, 2019.
- A Gorban, E Mirkes, J Levesley, J Whetton, Method and apparatus for processing log data, US Patent 10,295,691, 2019. Assignee Reeves Wireline Technologies Ltd.
- H Chen, L Albergante, JY Hsu, CA Lareau, GL Bosco, J Guan, S Zhou, AN Gorban, DE Bauer, MJ Aryee, DM Langenau, A Zinovyev, JD Buenrostro, G-C Yuan, L Pinello, Single-cell trajectories reconstruction, exploration and mapping of omics data with STREAM. Nature communications. 2019 Apr 23;10(1):1903.
Press-release in EurekAlert!: The grammar of cell development branching time (29-May-2019).
- Inventors: Ilya Romanenko, Ivan Tyukin, Alexander Gorban, Konstantin Sofeikov; Method of image processing, US Patent, Patent No.: US 10,062,013 B2; Date of Patent: Aug. 28, 2018, Assignee: Apical Ltd; Priority date: 2015-12-23.
- I.Y. Tyukin, A.N. Gorban, K.I. Sofeykov, I. Romanenko, Knowledge transfer between artificial intelligence systems, Frontiers in Neurorobotics 12 (2018),
- A.N. Gorban, I.Y. Tyukin. Stochastic separation theorems. Neural Networks, 2017; 94: 255.
Press-release in ScienceDaily: Helping robots correct errors on-the-fly and learn from each other (August 21, 2017).
- E.M. Mirkes, A.N. Gorban, J. Levesley, P.A.S. Elkington, J.A. Whetton, Pseudo-outcrop Visualization of Borehole Images and Core Scans , Mathematical Geosciences, November 2017, 49 (8), 947–964.
Press-release in AlphaGalileo: Visualisation of the invisible: University of Leicester mathematicians working with geoscientists from Weatherford give the possibility to see structures deeply in the Earth (November 29, 2017)
- E. Moczko, E.M. Mirkes, C. Ceceres, A.N. Gorban, S. Piletsky, Fluorescence-based assay as a new screening tool for toxic chemicals, Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 33922 (2016).
Press-release in ScienceDaily: New approach for screening toxic chemicals mimics mammal senses (10 October 2016).
- E.M. Mirkes, T.J. Coats, J. Levesley, A.N. Gorban, Handling missing data in large healthcare dataset: a case study of unknown trauma outcomes, Computers in Biology and Medicine 75 (2016), 203-216.
Press-release in ScienceDaily: Trauma patient deaths peak at two weeks (September 2, 2016)
Media (Best paper award): High praise for Leicester data mining teams research into trauma patient deaths (May 11, 2017)
- A.S. Manso, M.H. Chai, J.M. Atack, L. Furi, M. De Ste Croix, R. Haigh, C. Trappetti, A.D. Ogunniyi, L.K. Shewell, M. Boitano, T.A. Clark, J. Korlach, M. Blades, E. Mirkes, A.N. Gorban, J.C. Paton, M.P. Jennings, M.R. Oggioni, A random six-phase switch regulates pneumococcal virulence via global epigenetic changes, Nature Communications 5 (2014), Article number: 5055.
Press-release in ScienceDaily: Breakthrough study discovers six changing faces of 'global killer' bacteria (September 30, 2014)
- E.M. Mirkes, I. Alexandrakis, K. Slater, R. Tuli, A.N. Gorban, Computational diagnosis and risk evaluation for canine lymphoma, Computers in Biology and Medicine, Volume 53, 1 October 2014, 279-290.
Press-release in ScienceDaily: New hope for beloved family pets: New blood test for canine cancer (September 23, 2014).