Percy Gee Building
At the University of Leicester we are committed to offering an enhanced student experience. The redeveloped Percy Gee Building, which opened in 2021, is located at the heart of our campus and is the hub of student activity.
The Percy Gee Building continues to be the home of the Students’ Union and is a great place to meet, work and relax. A new spacious food court offers a diverse, high quality choice in food and drink as well as the relocation of our Student Services Centre from the Charles Wilson Building.
We’ve created flexible, multi-use areas all in one space that you can take advantage of throughout your time at Leicester. In addition, the four-storey expansion features a new dedicated informatics lab, a high-tech media centre and a performance studio.
Originally designed by T Shirley Worthington to be the central social facility for the University, we are proud that over 60 years later the Percy Gee Building remains at the centre of our community.
We’ve opened our brand-new food court – Campus Kitchen – bringing fresh menus and tastes to campus.
- Craft Coffee House – coffee and sandwiches.
- Soul – African/Caribbean inspired dishes.
- Astrovan – loaded fries and Nachos.
- Queens – wood fired pizza and pasta.
- Wholesome – 100% plant based.
For menus and opening hours, visit the Campus Kitchen website.
No seats are currently in Campus Kitchen due to the COVID-19 Government guidance. Please wear a mask when you visit.
Support Services desk (second floor)
Student Support service can help with the following enquiries:
- Check-in for appointments with Careers, Wellbeing and Student Welfare
- Book appointments with Career, Wellbeing and Student Welfare
- Signposting to services across the University