- Support for Technical staff to achievetheir professional registration
- Continue to promote reward andrecognition scheme widely in theUniversity via workshops andcommunication events.
- Commitment to funding of around £10K per year.
1 to 2 years
- Case study career pathways/accolades etc. on web page
- Use of increasing cohort of registered technicians to promote registration to others.
- At least 20% of staff achieving professional registration in the first 2 years.
- College level celebration of technician professional registration and other achievements.
- Use of merit and other recognition mechanisms for Technicians.
- Technical staff recognised as an integral part of the research via inclusion in authorship of papers (as stated above).
- Technician of the year award in Discovering Excellence. We hold a University wide awards ceremony every year called ‘The Discovering Excellence Awards’
- The University Leadership Team have agreed to introduce a new category of ‘Technician of the Year’ into the 2019 awards for the first time.
1 to 2 years
- Introduction into 2019 process, along with a strong campaign of ensuring that technicians, technical managers and other colleagues are aware of the opportunity to
- nominate people for this category.
- At least 20 nominations in the first year.
- 50% increase in nominations in second year