1. Choose a course
Browse our postgraduate courses to ensure you are comfortable with the course content and entry requirements.
Once you have found the course you are interested in you can use the contact information to find out more or visit the Department website.
2. Gather supporting documents before completing your application form
You will need to provide the following documents in support of your application:
- Academic qualifications and transcripts
- Personal statement/research proposal
- Two completed references (one must be academic) OR names and contact details of two people from whom we can request references (one must be an academic referee).
- Proof of English language competency (if your first language is not English)
The more documentation that you are able to provide, the quicker the decision making process will be. You can upload electronic versions of your supporting documentation.
3. Apply directly to the University
You can apply online for all distance learning and most campus-based courses using the ‘Apply Now’ link at the bottom of each course page.
Please note: applications for Doctor of Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) should be made to the Clearing House for Postgraduate Courses in Clinical Psychology.
4. Complete the application form
Register as a 'New User' (button on right hand side of page) or log in using your existing details.
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the application form and upload supporting documents. You can save your part-completed application and return to it later. Please make sure you click the submit button to complete your application. Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to make any changes.
You will receive an email to confirm that we have received your application.
- Distance Learning courses have a different application process.
- PGCE applicants should apply through UCASTT.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office for details of how to apply by post:
+44 (0)116 252 5381
Please see the terms and conditions of your offer.