ELCAS funding for members of the Armed Forces

If you are a current or former member of the UK armed forces then you may be eligible for ELCAS funding. We are an approved provider for the Ministry of Defence Enhanced Learning Credit Scheme (ELCAS) for armed forces personnel and all of our distance learning courses are available under this scheme.

Please check the ELCAS website for full details or contact your Education Officer. If you are seeking (or have gained) ELCAS funding, please mention this when you make your application.

Exit awards

The majority of our distance learning Masters courses offer exit awards of a Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) or Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) upon achievement of 60 credits or 120 credits respectively. A Postgraduate Certificate can be achieved within one year of study.

The only exceptions to this are the following courses:

  • Advanced Computer Science MSc (PGCert exit award available but not PGDip)
  • Advanced Software Engineering MSc (PGCert exit award available but not PGDip)
  • Web Applications and Services MSc (PGCert exit award available but not PGDip)
  • Occupational Psychology MSc (exit awards of PGCert and PGDip are only available by transferring to the Psychology of Work programme)
  • Heritage and Interpretation MSc/MA (PGDip exit award available but not PGCert)