The University of Leicester welcomes students from Pakistan.
You can find country specific information here including entry requirements for our courses, and information about the Pakistani student community.
Your International Office Team
The International Office can provide you with more information about studying in the UK at Leicester.
Please visit our contact us page for details.
If you have graduated with an Intermediate Certificate or High Secondary School Certificate (HSSC - year 12) you will need to complete a Foundation Year to be eligible for admission to an undergraduate degree at Leicester.
Please visit the International Study Centre website for information about the International Foundation Year or the International Year One for Management programmes.
Undergraduate (Bachelors) degrees
- If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see individual course pages for entry requirements.
- If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at a Pakistani university, you may be considered for entry to the first year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects.
- Credit transfer into the second year of a Bachelors degree may be possible.
For more information about available degrees please see individual course pages.
Postgraduate (Masters) degrees
- If you hold a Bachelors degree with honours (four-year BA, BBA) with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree with honours (BSc, BEng) with a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0 you will be considered for entry to a Masters degree in Computer Science and Engineering.
For more information about available degrees please see the individual course pages.
PhDs and other research degrees
To apply for a PhD (or other postgraduate research qualification, such as MPhil, DClinPsy, DSocSci, EdD or MD) you must have a Bachelors degree with honours (four-year BA, BBA) from a recognised Pakistani university with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4, usually in a related subject area, (depending on the subject that you wish to study) which is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (also known as a 2:1).
You must also be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of appropriate research methodologies. Research degrees are demanding and intensive: to succeed at this level you must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, and have an appropriate familiarity with the discipline and its associated research techniques/methodologies.
Where a Masters degree is required, this is indicated in the relevant description on our Postgraduate Research webpages, together with further information about requirement.
English language requirements
Please see details of our English language requirements.
Pakistani student community
The University of Leicester welcomes students from all over the world. In 2015-16 this included 40 students from Pakistan.
"The best thing about Leicester is the diversity of the University and the city, which gives this place its vibrance and colour."
- Usman, BSc Communications, Media and Society
Read more about Usman's time at Leicester
The British Alumni Association of Pakistan (BAAP) is a society of UK graduates living in Pakistan. It was launched in 2003 and is a national network with chapters in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
This alumni association has formed a network of mutually benefiting and sustainable relationships, which also includes Chevening scholarship holders as well as self-financed graduates who have studied in the UK for a period of at least one year.
Members can benefit from sharing expertise, knowledge and information with people of similar educational background; offering and receiving career guidance and advice; and professional networking to establish contacts for business and career advancement. There are also social events including talks and seminars.
Other sources of information