How to pay if you have a sponsor

1. What is a sponsor?
A sponsor is an organisation (such as a government or other funding body) which has agreed to cover all or part of your tuition fees on your behalf. Please note that the University does not recognise private individuals, such as relatives, as formal sponsors.

2. What do you need to do if you are sponsored?
In order for the University to invoice your sponsor directly, you must provide a letter from your sponsor confirming:

  • Your name
  • Your student number
  • A full invoice address
  • The exact amount or percentage of your tuition fees that they will be paying.

You will also need to complete a sponsor form.

The sponsor letter and completed form should be sent to the Fees Payments Office. The University will then invoice your sponsoring body after you have registered and the sponsor is required to pay its proportion of your fees within 30 days of the invoiced date in full. No instalment options are available.

3. What if your sponsor is not paying all of your fees?
If your sponsor is not covering the full fee for the academic year then you will be required to pay your share of the fee either:

  • in full prior to the start of the academic year or
  • in two equal instalments with the first instalment being paid prior to the start of the academic year.

4. What happens if your sponsor does not pay?
The University requires you to be responsible for the payment of your tuition fees. If your sponsor does not pay all of your fee within 30 days of invoicing you will become responsible for paying the invoice and we will ask you to make the payment.