Help and support
Student Support Services
This is a fully integrated support service for University of Leicester students. The service includes:
- AccessAbility Centre - supporting students with dyslexia, and other specific learning difficulties, disabilities and long term conditions.
- Counselling and wellbeing - supporting students to improve your wellbeing, enhance your study and reach your full potential.
- Student Welfare Service - support for practical and personal issues including finance, housing and international student advice issues.
- Student Healthy Living - provides information about health and wellbeing and runs health promotion events throughout the year.
To get more information or to book an appointment:
- +44 (0)116 223 1185
If you have a more urgent (but not emergency) concern about a friend, flatmate, coursemate or someone you see regularly, please contact email@example.com. Emergency concerns must be directed toward the emergency services.
Report + Support
This reporting system provides a way for you to notify the University if you witness or experience something that concerns or distresses you. You should not have to accept any behaviour that you're not comfortable with, and can use this system to let us know about something that has happened/is happening to you.
The Advice Service
This service, ran by the Students' Union, provides advice and guidance on a range of issues and University processes, including:
- Mitigating circumstances
- Academic appeals
- Misconduct issues
- Changing course
- Suspending or withdrawing from your studies
- Issues with your course
- Exam worries
- Withdrawal from your course for non-attendance
Get in touch and learn more
Time away from your studies
If you think you might need time away from your studies, talk to your personal tutor and programme administration team. They'll be able to advise you whether a formal suspension of studies is an option and discuss this with you, as well as arrangements for returning to your studies.