Charlotte graduated in 2008 with a 1st class honours degree in Physiotherapy from Coventry University. She completed her junior rotations before starting a senior post in community practice treating patients with neurological and respiratory conditions. She then went on to become a Clinical Specialist in Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy. Charlotte is a member of the CSP, ACPRC & the ACPICR and has a specialist interest in the management of patients with COPD and Heart Failure. Charlotte is also the Principal physiotherapist of a private community practice.
Charlotte began lecturing at the University of Leicester in 2013. She is the Practice Education Lead for Physiotherapy and Chair of the AHP Placement Committee for the School. She is also Year 2 lead tutor for the physiotherapy degree. Charlotte has completed her PGCAPP, Master of Education and is a SFHEA.
Charlotte had a lead role in the design and implementation of the new Physiotherapy degree at Leicester, receiving a teaching and research merit award in June 2018 for her contribution. Charlotte introduced the use of flipped classroom teaching with colleagues across the course and presented her research at the Discovering Teaching Excellence at Leicester: Achieving Student Engagement Conference 2019 and the Advance HE’s Annual Teaching and Learning Conference 2020.
Charlotte has developed new innovative placements for students that have been featured as models of innovation by the CSP and Council of Deans. Charlotte was instrumental in the design and development of the new CSP Common Placement Assessment Form currently being rolled out across the country. She has led on the development and implementation of a new online assessment platform for student placements and has imbedded the CPAF in this. Charlotte has supported students in new research placements to present their research at both Physiotherapy UK and ESR international Congress.
Charlotte is the external advisor for the University of Wolverhampton and Aegean College in Athens Greece partnership course. She is a reviewer for the ACPRC Journal and British Journal of Healthcare Management. Charlotte is also a PEERs assessor for the University.
Charlotte is currently a contributing author for a study skills book for physiotherapy students and new graduates, alongside other respiratory specialists, due to be published by Elsevier in 2023.
Areas of research and conference presentations:
- Models of supervision in Practice Education
- Research and leadership placements
- Student and Educator placement experience
- Flipped Classroom Teaching
- Respiratory Physiotherapy
- Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation
Discovering Teaching Excellence Conference - June 2019
Advance HE Teaching and Learning Conference - 2020
Invited talk - CSP Webinar Sharing Experiences: Practice Based Learning March 2021
ERS International Congress 2022 - named author for abstract
(0) Frontline - Research placements:
Frontline - Student Wellbeing for placements:
Council of Deans - Research placements:
Case Study book for Physiotherapy students - named Author - ongoing.
Physiotherapy BSc(Hons) Degree - Teaching across all three years
Practice Education Lead
Module lead for all clinical modules
Year 2 Lead
Specialist teaching areas:
• Practice Education
• COPD and HF
• Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation
• Advanced Clinical Skills (CR strand)
• Physiotherapy assessment and rehabilitation (CR Strand)
• Applying clinical reasoning in practice (CR Strand)
• Enhancing Learning from Practice Experience/Reflective Practice
• Flipped learning
• Problem based learning
Press and media
Physiotherapy clinical placements and Practice Education
COPD and Heart Failure - Physiotherapy management
• Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (MCSP)
• Member of the ACPRC (Association of Chartered Physiotherapy in Respiratory Care)
• Member of the ACPRC Higher Education institution (HEI) specialist interest group
• Member of the ACPICR (Association of Chartered Physiotherapy in Cardiac Rehabilitation)
• Member of the LLR AHP Council
• Member of East midlands Clinical Academic Practitioner Network (EMCAPN)
• Chair of Midlands Integrated Practice Placement Initiative (MIPPI)
• Chair of the AHP Placements Committee UoL
Teaching and Research Merit award 2019
Nominated for the University Citizen’s award - above and beyond during Covid 2021
BSc(Hons) Physiotherapy 1st Class - Coventry University
Master of Education (MEd) - University of Leicester
Post Graduate Certificate in Academic and Professional Practice (PGCAPP) - University of Leicester
Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (SFHEA)
Covey Leadership Programme