Expert opinions cover Brexit Michael Gove Victorian dismemberment football and US nuclear command
Professor Panicos Demetriades from the Department of Economics has written an article for Think: Leicester giving his initial reaction to the Brexit vote.
Professor Ali al-Nowaihi from the Department of Economics has written an article for Think: Leicester explaining why he thinks future referenda needs more legislation.
Dr Chris Grocott from the School of Management has written an article for The Conversation about the future of Gibraltar following the EU referendum.
- Read the full article 'Gibraltar voted to remain in the EU, so where next for the Rock?' hosted on Think: Leicester here
Dr Simona Guerra from the Departmental of Politics and International Relations has written an article for The Conversation discussing attitudes towards the EU.
- Read the full article 'Brexit: what Europe must do to avoid losing more member states' hosted on Think: Leicester here
Dr Shane McCorristine wrote a Staff Blog about some of London's notorious unsolved murder mysteries.
- Read the full article 'Dismemberment in Victorian London: The Thames Torso Murders' hosted on Think: Leicester here
Professor Neil Chakraborti and Dr Stevie-Jade Hardy from the Centre for Hate Studies have written an article for Think: Leicester discussing recent hate crimes following the EU referendum.
John Williams from the Department of Sociology has written an article for Think: Leicester discussing England's Euro 2016 loss to Iceland and mourning for national sport.
Professor Paul Boyle, President and Vice-Chancellor of the University, has written an article discussing how the UK's decision to leave the EU will affect UK research.
- Read the full article ''We are striving to create a more balanced research ecosystem to stimulate imaginative thinking'' hosted on Think: Leicester here
Dr Robert Dover has written an article for Think: Leicester highlighting what the Chilcot report is likely to cover and its significance.
PhD student Mohan Harihar from the Department of Molecular and Cell Biology has written an article for Think: Leicester outlining the importance of the RAS/MAPK pathway in cancer development.
- Read the full article 'Surveying signalling pathways: the role of the RAS/MAPK pathway and its contribution to cancer' here
Dr Andrew Futter from the Department of Politics and International Relations has written an article discussing how nuclear command and control apparatus is now undergoing a comprehensive upgrade.
Are you a doctoral student/academic at the University of Leicester? Would you like to contribute an opinion piece about your research or topical news to Think: Leicester? Contact the News Centre to pitch your idea or read our submission guidelines.