Since our establishment in 1966, over 3,000 students have graduated with a postgraduate qualification from Museum Studies at Leicester. These graduates, many of whom hold senior positions within museums both in the UK and internationally, are vital to our continued success.
Many of our graduates keep in close contact with us through our alumni network, Museum Studies Connect, and assist in our development in a variety of ways, including:
- Returning as visiting speakers
- Becoming Associate Tutors
- Providing work placements at their museums
- Providing opportunities for professional collaboration
- Funding groundbreaking research
Each year, several recent graduates are invited back to speak to our current students about their career trajectories, providing invaluable insight into life as a museum studies graduate.
Discover the career experiences of two of our recent campus-based Masters students: