LPMI PhD Student Welcome Day 2018
Tuesday 6 November 2018, 9.30am to 4.30pm
Location: Winstanley House, Hinckley Road, Leicester, LE3 1HX
9.30 Arrival and coffee
10.00 Welcome & introduction: Leicester Precision Medicine Institute Director, Professor Jacqui Shaw
- Presentations - Second Year PhD students
- Brief projects presentations – 5 slides and 10 mins/person
13.00 Workshop (three groups)
- Aim: To define precision medicine research at Leicester and understand the pathways to translate research advances into clinical impact
14.00 Presentations: First-Year PhD Students, ‘What is my PhD?’
- One slide and two minutes per person to summarise the latest batch of projects
15.00 Communicating, communication, communication...
- How can we successfully communicate advances in precision medicine approaches to researchers, clinicians and the general public?
Transport was provided to the venue from main-site, LRI, General and Glenfield Hospitals.