All events are open to the public except: [S] students only; [SS] staff and students only; [STA] staff only.
Film Screening: Picture A Scientist
Film screening starring the week of Monday 7 March
To be shown in various schools in College of SE during week of 7th March.
Wednesday 9 March:
- Computing and Mathematical Sciences, 1.00pm Ken Edwards LT3
- Engineering, 2.00pm Engineering LT2
- Physics, 2.00pm Physics LTA
Friday 11 March
- Chemistry, 3.00pm George Porter LTB
Leicester Wall of Women
Tuesday 8 March - Sunday 13 March: hosted digitally [SS]
Our award-winning Wall of Women is back – and this year, we’ve gone digital. After filling an entire wall of the Percy Gee Building Foyer with stories of inspirational and influential women in previous years, in 2022 we’re encouraging staff and students to nominate women at the University on our digital wall.
- For further information, contact the EDI Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open to staff and students
Loz Atkinson: The Edge of Forever
Exhibition: Until Sunday 27 March
This exhibition brings together key works from Loz’s ‘Imagined Nebula’ series, which began in 2015 as an outlet for Loz’s increasing interest in exploring the relationship that human beings have with the universe.
Loz Atkinson is a Leicester-based artist who has been working and exhibiting for more than 12 years. She works primarily in paint, installation and digital media. Loz describes her work as ‘concept-driven’, and she is often compelled to return to an idea repeatedly, developing thematically–grouped bodies of work over the course of several years.
Find out more about the exhibition and the artist
Department of Respiratory Sciences Dorothy Jones Lecture: “The Pneumococcal Social Networker"
Monday 28 March, 4.00pm - 5.00pm
This annual lecture is organised by the Department of Respiratory Sciences to honour Dr Dorothy Jones’ contribution to science under an Athena Swan initiative that aims to promote and highlight achievements of women in science. Dorothy Jones was a distinguished microbiologist, who joined the University as a Research Biologist in 1965, before becoming a Senior Research Fellow in the Microbiology Department. She was an Honorary University Fellow from her retirement in 1995 until 2009.
Sign up to this event via Eventbrite
Thursday 3 March 2022
- Menopause: it's a hot topic!: 6.30pm - 7.45pm: Brookfield Lecture Theatre [SS]
- Learn more about Thursdays event
Monday 7 March 2022
- 1920s Pioneers: Why there were so many women in our first decade?: 12.00pm - 12.30pm: virtual event [SS]
- Learn more about Mondays event
Tuesday 8 March 2022
- Women in Space: On the Ground and Heading for the Stars: 11.00am: Room 0.03, Space Park Leicester
- 66 Days To Your Debut: 12.15pm - 1.15pm: Eventbrite
- Women's Forum: 1.00pm - 2.00pm: Microsoft Teams [STA]
- Women in Theresienstadt: A New History of Gender and the Holocaust: 5.30pm - 7.00pm: Eventbrite
- Full Circle - An Evening with Esua Jane Goldsmith: 6.00pm - 8.30pm: Attenborough Arts Centre
- Details of all Tuesday events
Wednesday 9 March 2022
- Finding the Synergies: A Conversation with Leila Thomas FRSA, CEO of Urban Synergy: 5.30pm - 7.30pm: Brookfield campus, Lecture Theatre 2, University of Leicester
- Learn more about Wednesdays event
Friday 11 March 2022
- See Through by Claire Gaydon: 7.00pm - 8.00pm: Attenborough Arts Centre
- Learn more about Fridays event
Saturday 12 March
- Iron Women of Resurgence: Two shows starting at 2.00pm and 7.00pm, at Attenborough Arts Centre
- Learn more about Saturdays event