Legal and Information Assurance Services provide a broad service across the areas of information related legal compliance, information security and records management.
The service aims to:
- Establish, maintain and implement policies and procedures that will help to assure the availability, integrity, security and confidentiality of information
- Enable the University to fulfill statutory obligations in relation to the Data Protection, Freedom of Information and other relevant information-related Acts
- Provide advice, support and guidance on information-related legal compliance matters affecting the University
- Ensure that records of importance for the continuing operation of the University are identified and managed in an effective and systematic manner
- Promote awareness of legal and information-related matters and to provide training where appropriate
- Legal and Information Assurance Services provides legal advice and representation to the University.
- We work closely with members of the University to develop and review University regulations, policies and procedures.
- Legal Services provides legal advice to the University’s schools, colleges, faculties, departments and subsidiary companies.
- We do not act for individuals in their private or personal capacities.
- We also raise awareness of legal issues relevant to the University, including with regards to the protection of personal data, a function undertaken in conjunction with the University’s Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
The University’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Liz Taoudi.